Your privacy is important to us
For the purposes of this section, Personal Information will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“PoPIA”) and in accordance with the definition of Personal Data in Article 4(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). We also subscribe to the principles for electronically collecting Personal Information outlined in PoPIA, and the further legislation referred to therein. We endeavour to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
In utilising our website, using our services or otherwise if your information is submitted to us through a lead generation service, you may be asked to provide the following information (Personal Information): First name, Surname, Email Address, Contact number. We may also request company details.
Collecting your Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you sign up to use our services or our website, contact us or during our relationship with you;
- from public sources where you have made your Personal Information public, such as on social media or company websites.
- from your use of our services; and
- from your use of our website or use of any features or resources available on or through our website.
We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs, where relevant) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted by law.
- The provision and performance of our services to you.
- Informing you of changes made to our website.
- The provision of marketing related services to you by us.
- Responding to any queries or requests you may have.
- For security, administrative and legal purposes.
Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the internet, we have in place up-to-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process online.
While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
We store your Personal Information directly, or alternatively, store your Personal Information on, and transfer your Personal Information to, a central database. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of Personal Information, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction by means of ensuring that standard data protection clauses are enforced as envisaged by PoPIA and the GDPR.
The Personal Information we collect from users shall only be accessed by our employees, representatives and consultants on a need-to-know basis, and subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations binding such persons.
We will not sell, share, or rent your Personal Information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by us will only be in connection with the provision of our services and/or the marketing thereof.
A user has the right:
- of access to their Personal Information stored and processed by us. This may be done by emailing us at email@example.com;
- to rectification of Personal Information that we hold on a user’s behalf, in instances where such Personal Information is incorrect or incomplete;
- of erasure of Personal Information (“right to be forgotten”) if such information is no longer needed for the original processing purpose, alternatively if a user withdraws their consent and there is no other reason or justification to retain such Personal Information, further alternatively, if a user has objected to such Personal Information being processed and there is no justified reason for the processing of such Personal Information;
- to restrict/suspend processing of Personal Information to only that which is strictly necessary for us to perform our services to you;
- to object to the processing of Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
When you visit our website, we may collect information, such as your IP address, the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your browser, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website that you visit and in what sequence, the date and length of your visit and other information concerning your computer’s operating system, language settings, and broad demographic information. This information is aggregated and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically. However, you acknowledge that this data may be able to be used to identify you if it is aggregated with other Personal Information that you supply to us. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within the company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above, without your explicit permission.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies; however, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent or you can flush your browser of cookies from time to time. The Help feature on most web browsers can provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
Links from Our Website
The services available through our website, may contain links to other third party websites, including (without limitation) social media platforms, payment gateways, appointment scheduling and/or live chat platforms (“Third Party Websites”). If you select a link to any Third Party Website, you may be subject to such Third party Website’s terms and conditions and/or other policies, which are not under our control, nor are we responsible for.
Hyperlinks to Third Party Websites are provided “as is”, and we do not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on Third Party Websites.
We do not monitor or review the content of any Third Party Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content of other websites either.
Users should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any Third Party Website before disclosing any Personal Information to them. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of Personal Information.
Direct Marketing and Opting Out
We may process your Personal Information to contact you and to provide you with information about our services that may be of interest to you. Where we provide services to you (where you are a customer of ours), we may send information to you regarding our services and other information, using the contact details that you have provided to us. We will only send you direct marketing communications where you have consented to us sending you direct marketing or otherwise in compliance with the PoPIA, for example if you are our customer.
If you prefer not to receive any or all these communications, you may opt out from marketing activities by following the directions provided within the electronic newsletters and announcements or by contacting us. After you unsubscribe from marketing activities, we will not send you any direct marketing communications, but we will continue to contact, when necessary, in connection with providing you with the services or in connection with the agreement between us.
Application Of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 Of 2002 (“ECT Act”)
Data Messages (as defined in the ECT Act) will be deemed to have been received by us when we respond to the Data Messages.
Data Messages sent by us to a user will be deemed to have been received by such user in terms of the provisions specified in section 23(b) of the ECT Act.
Users acknowledge that electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication are not required for valid electronic communications between us and users.
Information to be provided in terms of section 43(1) of the ECT Act:
- Users warrant that Data Messages sent to us from any electronic device, used by such user, from time to time or owned by such user, were sent and or authorised by such user, personally.
- This Website is owned and operated by Progression Online (Pty) Ltd.
- Contact Number: +27 83 609 5654
- Website – located at https://progression.digital/
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodging of Complaints